Welcome to Reef2Reef!
Welcome.gif

tharbin

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R! It reads like you are already learning patience. What @Katrina71 said can be very true. Being in a hurry or trying too many things too quickly can backfire massively, and expensively. Most things that go wrong in this hobby take time to develop. It will take time to correct as well. Never try a fix until you are sure the last failed attempt at a fix is not still in effect as that can influence you new 'fix'. A mature saltwater tank is very stabile, if you allow it be stabile. Having an isolation/quarantine tank is a great step in that direction, as is fallowing the tank after an outbreak. Don't short circuit the fallow period. If anything, go longer than recommended on the fallow period.

R2R-Welcome3.jpg

OP
OP
iamgreg123

iamgreg123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the great replies! Things are still going well. I do have a couple of threads posted about two gnarly pests I already have.. but corals are so mesmerizing and interesting and I'm loving it. I even look forward to my morning alkalinity test and evening nutrients tests!

The 24 corals I ordered will be here next week. Regarding the overall pace of introducing corals, what do you all think of the Jake Adams Reef Builders method described here?

I like the sound of this method!! I am hoping that if I keep up the daily testing and dosing of All-for-Reef and NeoNitro/NeoPhos, along with water changes, I can manage the influx of corals.

Is there such thing as beginners luck in this hobby? :grinning-face-with-sweat:

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 21 13.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 93 58.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 6.9%
Back