Hey R2R!

Manny’s Reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hello and welcome to R2R. We sure are glad to have you here.

Happy Pumped Up GIF by AT&T

Freenow54

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone!

I am new to any forum. I had a reef aquarium over ten years ago (28 gallon bio cube) and last month I started up my first reef aquarium in 10 years (46 gallon bowed tank).

I just wanted to say hello and I have a bunch of questions because I’m pretty rusty and there seems to have been a lot of updates in the hobby.

9A40E245-DF40-422E-8F48-C663C6568536.jpeg
Well sorry to say I see 2 mistakes already but that's just me. Lights are on, and fish added. Do not read where you cycled the tank. Looks like you are using a canister filter that will work. Would turn lights off or you will experience algae growth like crazy. Oh I forgot Welcome lol

OP
OP
dbati

dbati

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well sorry to say I see 2 mistakes already but that's just me. Lights are on, and fish added. Do not read where you cycled the tank. Looks like you are using a canister filter that will work. Would turn lights off or you will experience algae growth like crazy. Oh I forgot Welcome lol
I ran the tank with the live rock for a few weeks before I added any fish with the lights off. It’s been a couple months since then and parameters have been stable and no algae growth. I’m pretty religious with my testing and water changing regiment as well. And I clean out the canister filter every 2 weeks as I’ve read they can become nitrate factories if waste is allowed to accumulate.

I appreciate the feedback! Please let me know if there is anything else that comes to mind as I’m always open to advice.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.1%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 30 17.1%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.3%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 75 42.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.6%

Back