Hey Y’all

linarenee1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi y’all! New to reef2reef although I scan the forums like crazy for old questions and solutions to my new problems. Had my Red Sea reefer 425 XL 112gal. tank for about 6 months. Total newbie. Nearly all of my coral are LPS. There are currently 27 individual pieces. Have a few clownfish, snails, starfish, a fire shrimp, a clam, a royal gramma and a hippo tang. I’d appreciate all the kind wisdom and advice I can get!

2B3244F0-CEA5-4C2B-8807-BC18E5A9C028.jpeg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi y’all! New to reef2reef although I scan the forums like crazy for old questions and solutions to my new problems. Had my Red Sea reefer 425 XL 112gal. tank for about 6 months. Total newbie. Nearly all of my coral are LPS. There are currently 27 individual pieces. Have a few clownfish, snails, starfish, a fire shrimp, a clam, a royal gramma and a hippo tang. I’d appreciate all the kind wisdom and advice I can get!

Welcome! Glad you joined. Everyone here was once new, too so you fit right in! Houston has a very active local hobby club scene, if that's where in south Texas you are located.

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID)

This is a good reference book type online article I still review:

TnFishwater98

Drink more fishwater there! And I still want more!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Welcome to Da Reef!
Marine Biology Ocean GIF

OP
OP
linarenee1

linarenee1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome! Glad you joined. Everyone here was once new, too so you fit right in! Houston has a very active local hobby club scene, if that's where in south Texas you are located.

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID)

This is a good reference book type online article I still review:
Thank you so much! Yes I just posted my build thread. I will attach to my account. I’m in the Corpus Christi area! A little further south of Houston

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 18 7.8%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 40 17.4%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 155 67.4%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.6%
Back