Hey y'all from New Orleans, LA

Bpones

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone!
I've been a R2R user for years but just decided to become a member. Been running a 75g reef for 10+ years and even moved states with it and my livestock from Boulder to New Orleans. I've worked LSF's and management at big box stores through out my teens and 20's. But a few years back I left the retail scene.

Curranty I'm a PhD candidate earning my doctorate in marine biology/ichthyology. It keeps me very busy and extra salty! You can read a little about my work below. I pretty much eavesdrop on fish all day.
https://www.fishmorphandbehavior.org/bennett-price.html

I'm also a professional scuba diver and lover of all things aquatic.

Ironically, grad school plus some terrible clowns had caused me to nearly abandon the hobby. But after ditching those mean old fish, I'm back at it (albeit still battling a grape caulerpa infestation I let get out of hand). I love R2R because of how helpful, courteous, and knowledgeable everyone is. I can't even stand opening facebook for the exact opposite reasons. I'm so glad this community exist.

As of now I have a live planted 55g, a couple thousand gallon koi pond, and of course my old faithful 75g reef.
That plus a lab full of Croakers and Drums...

Cheers to y'all! I'm looking forward to contributing and hearing (and seeing) all about your gorgeous tanks!

IMG_2324.JPG

Last edited:

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 135 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.9%
Back