OP
happyhourhero

happyhourhero

Burner of the Tips
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well folks, I have the unfortunate task of tearing out all of my acros and treating for AEFW this weekend. I have my 20g set up and am going to try my best to keep my acros alive in that tank while i leave the DT fallow. My research has indicated i do not have the best chance at saving my corals this way but my alternative is to just throw them out so I figure I will at least try. Not looking forward to getting all the encrusting off the rocks.

I dipped corals from like 4 months on but I think i doomed myself by not dipping the first couple frags I got.

OP
OP
happyhourhero

happyhourhero

Burner of the Tips
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I pulled all acros and scraped them off the rocks. Have them in a hospital tank and am hoping for the best. Tank seems so bare now.
ZHJXY7A.jpg
V2Ff5gq.jpg

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Husker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love that algae scrubber. It looks like it doesn't take up much space either... Do you have any more information on that? I think I might try to implement something similar as I am having some solid algae in my display tank (despite 0.0 nitrates and 0.00 phosphates...). Corals are looking great too!

OP
OP
happyhourhero

happyhourhero

Burner of the Tips
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love that algae scrubber. It looks like it doesn't take up much space either... Do you have any more information on that? I think I might try to implement something similar as I am having some solid algae in my display tank (despite 0.0 nitrates and 0.00 phosphates...). Corals are looking great too!

Thank you. I literally just went to home depot and got a cheap shop light and then measured about 2" inside each side of the edges on my sump. I got pipes and cut them to length and have a mj900 powerhead hooked into the bottom. Some lessons I have learned is make your freestanding and stable and cut the hole at the top for the plastic canvas to not be too tight. If it is too tight once some algae grows in, little streams of water will shoot off and can cause some real issues. If the scrubber leans over, it can cause some issues too so build sturdy.

OP
OP
happyhourhero

happyhourhero

Burner of the Tips
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gave up on the remaining acro frags I had from the AEFW and just threw them out after the latest dip revealed there were still a couple AEFW. I am just going to leave it without any acros for a couple of months. Seems like I wont have any room for any at that point anyway though and I think it looks halfway decent without acros although I wish the AEFW had never happened.

Here is tank as of last night.
v9flF6q.jpg

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 13 16.0%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 31 38.3%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 33 40.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.7%
Back