Hi all new to reef2reef

tenor (2).gif

Welcome to R2R!!
This is a Great place for info and Help
 
Welcome to R2R! I’ll +1 to adding some chaeto into the sump to help bring the nitrates and phosphates down. What kind of light did you have over your macros?

As for the shrimp, is there any chance of heavy metals in the water? Even small amounts can be detrimental to inverts... might be worth throwing a poly filter or some carbon in just in case.

And I agree... 6-months in puts you right about in the middle of the “uglies” stage. Keep up with water changes and work on bringing those nutrients down and it will work itself out :)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 45.8%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new