Hi Everyone, I just joined.

EvsReef55

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just tripped over R2R while browsing and thought it looked like fun. I’ve been keeping aquariums since I was a kid but just started in saltwater and reefs about 10 years ago so I’m fairly new. I upgraded from a 30 gallon to a 55 gallon reef about a month ago so my tank is in the early start up phase. So far everything is going well. I moved two “freebie” corals in from my 30 gallon. As soon as I learn how to post pictures I’ll put them on here to see if anyone can ID them for me. Don’t know what they are but they’re growing great so far. I also moved in several hermit crabs and a tiger pistol shrimp. All have settled in well. Just today I added a hammer coral frag. This is the first one of these I’ve had so I’m hoping I can do well with it. I’ve been reading anything I can get my hands on about hammer coral but if anyone knows any tricks for keeping them I’d love to hear from you.

XNavyDiver

Insightful answer loading... please wait.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just tripped over R2R while browsing and thought it looked like fun. I’ve been keeping aquariums since I was a kid but just started in saltwater and reefs about 10 years ago so I’m fairly new. I upgraded from a 30 gallon to a 55 gallon reef about a month ago so my tank is in the early start up phase. So far everything is going well. I moved two “freebie” corals in from my 30 gallon. As soon as I learn how to post pictures I’ll put them on here to see if anyone can ID them for me. Don’t know what they are but they’re growing great so far. I also moved in several hermit crabs and a tiger pistol shrimp. All have settled in well. Just today I added a hammer coral frag. This is the first one of these I’ve had so I’m hoping I can do well with it. I’ve been reading anything I can get my hands on about hammer coral but if anyone knows any tricks for keeping them I’d love to hear from you.
Don't let your nutrients drop to zero. Oh, and welcome!

Myth

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpeg
Welcome

Chrisfish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R, you've picked the right place. Glad to have you here:)

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
My hammer was so moody at first. Found it likes medium flow and I Target feed him for fun with frozen.

OP
OP
EvsReef55

EvsReef55

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A519AF6B-009F-47EF-93A7-EBD95B73D753.jpeg
Welcome to R2R and thanks for signing up. We'd love to see some pictures of the tank!

Hi. You asked so here it is. I’m still dealing with all the annoying algae. Lots of water changes and attacking it with a toothbrush is keeping it at bay. Plus my little tailspot blenny likes to munch on it. I also added some macro algae to my refugium which seems to be slowing it down. I’ll get it beat eventually!

My hammer was so moody at first. Found it likes medium flow and I Target feed him for fun with frozen.

96C2B832-F4A3-48CD-99BA-D87C643EA76D.jpeg

Here’s my little hammer. So far seems pretty happy. I’ve only poked the base of the frag plug through a hole in the rock so I can move it around if I need to.

Thanks for the advice about flow and feeding. Am I allowed to ask what type of food you feed?

Also, thanks everyone for all the welcomes!

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Mine loves frozen fed with a pipette. Cool to watch.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 24 29.6%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 18 22.2%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 21 25.9%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 18 22.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back