Hi.. first timer from ontario, canada

The Deaf Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi

I'm a first time reefer from ontario, canada... like 30mins west from Toronto. I guess people will notice my name and I am actually deaf/hearing impaired. I was born deaf and wear a hearing aid in my right ear and left ear has disintegrated over time that I couldn't hear with the hearing aid anymore.

Moving on to the main thing lol. I'm currently researching and learning about saltwater tanks.

I'm pretty much limited to get a nano tank because I live in a small 600sqft condo and don't have alot of space, so I'm limited to what I can do.

I hope I learn alot from you guys and figure out what suitable for me :)

G Santana

Hospitality Elf
View Badges
Reaction score
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/this-little-pigg
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the Reef
Photo_1655671305098.jpg

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi

I'm a first time reefer from ontario, canada... like 30mins west from Toronto. I guess people will notice my name and I am actually deaf/hearing impaired. I was born deaf and wear a hearing aid in my right ear and left ear has disintegrated over time that I couldn't hear with the hearing aid anymore.

Moving on to the main thing lol. I'm currently researching and learning about saltwater tanks.

I'm pretty much limited to get a nano tank because I live in a small 600sqft condo and don't have alot of space, so I'm limited to what I can do.

I hope I learn alot from you guys and figure out what suitable for me :)

Welcome! Glad you joined.

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID)

This might help you find people local to you in Ontario / Toronto:

This is a good reference book type online article I still review:

OP
OP
T

The Deaf Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome! Glad you joined.

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID)

This might help you find people local to you in Ontario / Toronto:

This is a good reference book type online article I still review:
Yeah I have consider a build thread

Because of my limited space in my condo..I'm deciding between fluvial 13.5g or LFS personal AIO build "Studio 12g", it just came out a couple weeks ago so I want to wait and see people review on it. @reaper93 probably one of the first people who got it.. you should see his build thread to see the look of it

will check out the local ontario thread and reference book... thanks for the links

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 23 40.4%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 13 22.8%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 35.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.8%
Back