Hi from Central Oregon!

Soakem

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome. I’m in Bend. There’s definitely people around Central Oregon with tanks but it doesn’t seem like anyone ever gets together. I’ve found one Facebook group called “Central Oregon Coral Association” but it’s pretty dead.

How’s the build coming along?

OP
OP
Entomophage

Entomophage

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello there. Good to see someone from Central Oregon on here. I see your in Sisters. I am in Redmond. Let's connect some time. I just set up my 13g Fluval about 2 hours ago. Have you found any one else in Central Oregon that is into this hobby?

Welcome. I’m in Bend. There’s definitely people around Central Oregon with tanks but it doesn’t seem like anyone ever gets together. I’ve found one Facebook group called “Central Oregon Coral Association” but it’s pretty dead.

How’s the build coming along?

Hey @reefguypnw and @Soakem! I'd love to connect. No luck finding any other local reefers online until now, but there seems to be a pretty steady stream of folks coming into Aquatopia in Bend whenever I'm there that are into the hobby. After moving to the area about 2 years ago I thought the relative lack of LFS's meant there just wasn't a community, but I bet that's wrong. We should all grab a beer (or coffee or whatever) sometime and chat.

My build is coming along slowly and steadily. I'm waiting for it to go "live" before starting a dedicated build thread so I've got more share, but the stand is built and 90% of the equipment procured. The only thing that's left is the sump and plumbing. I wanted to maximize my use of the available space in the stand I build so I decided to fabricate my own sump with acrylic. There's a 4' x 8' sheet of 3/8" cast sitting in my garage now waiting for me to learn some (hopefully not too costly/painful) lessons with :)

Here's a little preview of where things are currently:

20191215_134217.jpg

20191215_135014.jpg

Longer term this is going to be a mixed reef, leaning toward SPS dominant, but I'm going to work up to that slowly and do some experimentation with plankton culture and dosing along the way.

Halfcut skeleton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all!

I'm new to the community here, but I've been keeping reef systems for ~15 years. Spent some time moving around recently, but I'm ready to get my feet wet again.

Does anyone know of any reef clubs in Central Oregon? Haven't had any luck with a quick web search.
Welcome 2 R2R!

Bccarty151

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey...I'm in central Oregon as well... it would definitely be awesome to get a club goin here!

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 49 35.3%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 29 20.9%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 11 7.9%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.2%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 36 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.9%
Back