Tideline 62G Lagoon AIO - Build Thread

bdesign

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to start by saying that it's everyone on this forum's fault that I'm even starting this system.

I posted this tank in the marketplace's For Sale section exactly 1 year ago today and had someone bought the thing, I wouldn't be sitting here on a Friday night starting this thread.

Thanks a lot <grumble, grumble>

I'll start uploading images and such tomorrow, and then as often as I'm able to remember.

OP
OP
bdesign

bdesign

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I liked the display height of my previous 240G (42"), so I planned to do the same for this tank... especially since this tank is only 18"H.

Although this tank is beautifully rimless, we have a breed of cat that actually loves to get wet and gets into EVERYTHING, so... after going back and forth with the wife, we decided a canopy would be a necessity <sigh>.

The canopy will be fully enclosed, so I'll have to find two silent fans (possibly a PC fan?) for air circulation in and out.

Equipment so far:
- A3 Apex Controller w/PM2 Salinity Module
- Tunze 3155 Auto-Top Off
- Aquamaxx WS-1 Skimmer
- AI Hydras (x2)
- Kreative Reefer Media Baskets

Equipment I need:
- Power heads - I would like some type of app control for speed, wave pattern, etc. (suggestions?)
- VCA Random Flow Generator Nozzles (any input on these?)
- Innovative Marine Auqa Shield UV Sterilizer (any input on this?)

The system comes with two MY-15L pumps - any feedback on these?
Sufficient or should I upgrade during the build?

Last edited:
OP
OP
bdesign

bdesign

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A few images of the 3D model:

62G B_1.jpg

62G B_2.jpg

62G B_3.jpg

62G B_5.jpg

Last edited:

OutColdCRNA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following along. I have the 65 gallon version of this tank and I love it. Also, love your stand design. I built mine as well. Suggestions for wave makers. I have 4 jebao mlw’s a mlw 20 on the lift and right side and mlw 10 pair on the back wall.

I would immediately ditch the pumps that come with it. Had one fail about six months ago and my acros suffered. Replaced one but not the other. Had the second fail last week and all acro colonies bit the dust. Got a decent shock from both pumps when they failed. My mistake for being lazy.

Also replaced the shadow returns that are stock with lok line. The shadows although novel and a decent idea will invariably stop spinning. But are super easy to clean.

OP
OP
bdesign

bdesign

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following along. I have the 65 gallon version of this tank and I love it. Also, love your stand design. I built mine as well. Suggestions for wave makers. I have 4 jebao mlw’s a mlw 20 on the lift and right side and mlw 10 pair on the back wall.

I would immediately ditch the pumps that come with it. Had one fail about six months ago and my acros suffered. Replaced one but not the other. Had the second fail last week and all acro colonies bit the dust. Got a decent shock from both pumps when they failed. My mistake for being lazy.

Also replaced the shadow returns that are stock with lok line. The shadows although novel and a decent idea will invariably stop spinning. But are super easy to clean.

What return pumps did you go with?

What did you replace the returns with?

OutColdCRNA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had two cheap aquaneat pumps from Amazon as utility pumps for various things. They are super loud and had to turn them way down so the flow in the sump chambers wasn’t running dry. Will probably replace with sicce 1.5’s

I found the return upgrade from another user thread. I’ll have to look back through my brs and vivid aquatics orders to see which parts I used. I’m pretty sure it’s a lok line 3/4 to 1/2 adapter and six inch lengths of lok line and just used the flared nozzle.

OP
OP
bdesign

bdesign

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started building the stand last weekend.

DISCLAIMER
There will be no judging of my “skills” in carpentry.
I’m admittedly fast and sloppy, and do good to even get projects done.

Sadly, “done” for me is usually 85% completed.

Ha

6 hours on Saturday got me here:

saturday 1.jpeg

saturday 2.jpeg

saturday 3.jpeg

saturday 4.jpeg

saturday 5.jpeg

saturday 6.jpeg

kevgib67

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started building the stand last weekend.

DISCLAIMER
There will be no judging of my “skills” in carpentry.
I’m admittedly fast and sloppy, and do good to even get projects done.

Sadly, “done” for me is usually 85% completed.

Ha

6 hours on Saturday got me here:

saturday 1.jpeg

saturday 2.jpeg

saturday 3.jpeg

saturday 4.jpeg

saturday 5.jpeg

saturday 6.jpeg
Looks better than I could have done for sure! Are you going to run some 2x4 in there for added support?

OP
OP
bdesign

bdesign

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Which leads to this Saturday... I thought the canopy would be a super quick thing to slap together... nope.

Uff... it ended up being another 8 hours on that thing.

Unfortunately, I was so irritated that taking progress photos only sporadically crossed my mind... curse words DID happen to cross my mind pretty often... and my lips.

Saturday 1.1.jpg

Saturday 2.2.jpg

OP
OP
bdesign

bdesign

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks better than I could have done for sure! Are you going to run some 2x4 in there for added support?
I sure wish I could grow coral as well as you! You're the man. Sheesh

No 2x4s; It seems pretty dang solid as it is, but time will tell.

kevgib67

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you, I’ve been at this for over 18 years. When I jumped back in over 2 years ago there was so much information that made everything so much easier. You can always calculate the weight, tank, sand, water and rock and add that amount onto your stand to stress test it before setting up the tank. I will be following and your a little to humble about your carpentry skills.

OP
OP
bdesign

bdesign

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you, I’ve been at this for over 18 years. When I jumped back in over 2 years ago there was so much information that made everything so much easier. You can always calculate the weight, tank, sand, water and rock and add that amount onto your stand to stress test it before setting up the tank. I will be following and your a little to humble about your carpentry skills.

I actually thought about doing a weight test when I get it back into the garage.

I have a dozen full 5-gallon drinking water bottles out there… that’s around 500lbs

I’ll easily be able to see if the top sags because the drawer will stick.

And you’re right… from 10’ away with one eye shut and the other squinting, the stand looks really nice.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back