Hi from Orange County CA! First tank ever.

Welcome!
Episode 4 Nbc GIF by Brooklyn Nine-Nine
 
Welcome to the reefing jungle world. If I can help in any way ...reach out...
Thanks! I’m only 8 weeks in and already a helpless addict! Thankfully there’s not a square inch of space left in my house or garage or else I’d be starting a giant mixed reef tank already.
 
Hi everyone! I’ve heard this is *the* community when it comes to reefing.

I was at a PetSmart with my 9mo old baby (getting something for our cat), and he was so captivated by the fish that I knew on the spot I needed to get an aquarium.

I went to an aquarium store to get a nice setup for a freshwater tank, but the owner clearly saw me for the sucker I am and talked me into saltwater. I bought a BioCube 16, live sand, dry rock, and then absolutely lost my mind waiting for the tank to cycle!

I’ll start a build thread as well. Very early days—only had fish and snails for a week now, as well as an anemone that I’m annoyed about getting sold so early now that I’ve been doing my research to understand why it’s been so angry. The great news is my son LOVES to stare into the tank with us— watching him paw the glass trying to get our Tiger conch snail is super cute, and he watches our clownfish with a smile on his face.

Thanks in advance for all the advice and information, everyone!

IMG_8589.jpeg
Welcome to R2R! Place to be!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 6.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 23 19.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 31.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new