Hi, I’m McKenzie

tniwkcm

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 15, 2026
Messages
1
Reaction score
13
Location
Missouri
What state or country do you live in
Missouri
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m new here. New to reefing.

2 years ago I bought my kids a 10g tank at Petsmart and some Glofish. A year later, I bought a 35g tank at Petsmart and brought home a few bags of Petsmart fish. Decided I’d try to “get into the hobby” and bought a Fluval canister.

Months later I found TruVu Aquariums, and ordered a custom 65g aquarium and became slightly obsessed with my red spotted gold severum and its tank mates, rummy nose tetras and pearl gouramis, glass lily pipes and making my own Repashy.

Everything I’ve learned has been via the help of ChatGPT and learning on the fly through making mistakes.

Now, I’ve ordered the Innovative Marine INT 100g complete reef system, and I’m here to learn all things reefing! I’m very excited 😊

I’m welcome to all advice and help. Just please don’t tell me I bought the wrong system because, it’s a done deal 😂

-McKenzie
 
Welcome to your new home for saltwater reef aquarium resources and fun! Welcome to the family! :D
welcome-home-logo-greeting-png.1484246
 
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif
 
I’m new here. New to reefing.

2 years ago I bought my kids a 10g tank at Petsmart and some Glofish. A year later, I bought a 35g tank at Petsmart and brought home a few bags of Petsmart fish. Decided I’d try to “get into the hobby” and bought a Fluval canister.

Months later I found TruVu Aquariums, and ordered a custom 65g aquarium and became slightly obsessed with my red spotted gold severum and its tank mates, rummy nose tetras and pearl gouramis, glass lily pipes and making my own Repashy.

Everything I’ve learned has been via the help of ChatGPT and learning on the fly through making mistakes.

Now, I’ve ordered the Innovative Marine INT 100g complete reef system, and I’m here to learn all things reefing! I’m very excited 😊

I’m welcome to all advice and help. Just please don’t tell me I bought the wrong system because, it’s a done deal 😂

-McKenzie
Welcome to R2R!

A note of caution, a lot of the folks here do not like AI, and it is prone to mistakes. Its fairly hard to protect against hallucinations.
 
Welcome to Reef2Reef!

You made a good decision coming here 😊
BryanM summarized it quite well. I can recommend challenging the stuff LLMs tell you to do. There already is a lot of outdated information and anecdotal evidence-based "knowledge" within the community that can cause controversies. Letting AI make decisions based on such contradictory data is a recipe for disaster.

Enjoy the hobby!
 
Welcome to Reef2Reef, the greatest community out of water!

AI is great for a lot of things but reefing is not one of them. Come here and we’ll all give you solid advice.
 
I’m new here. New to reefing.

2 years ago I bought my kids a 10g tank at Petsmart and some Glofish. A year later, I bought a 35g tank at Petsmart and brought home a few bags of Petsmart fish. Decided I’d try to “get into the hobby” and bought a Fluval canister.

Months later I found TruVu Aquariums, and ordered a custom 65g aquarium and became slightly obsessed with my red spotted gold severum and its tank mates, rummy nose tetras and pearl gouramis, glass lily pipes and making my own Repashy.

Everything I’ve learned has been via the help of ChatGPT and learning on the fly through making mistakes.

Now, I’ve ordered the Innovative Marine INT 100g complete reef system, and I’m here to learn all things reefing! I’m very excited 😊

I’m welcome to all advice and help. Just please don’t tell me I bought the wrong system because, it’s a done deal 😂

-McKenzie

Hi McKenzie,
I'm Lisa and glad you found us. It sounds like you are well on your way! I come from a freshwater background and it really helped. Wishing you much saltwater success!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 45.8%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new