Hi from South Florida

reefpeep

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 30, 2023
Messages
5
Reaction score
55
Location
Florida
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all! I'm a new member just getting back into the reef keeping hobby after about an 18 year absence (kids, what can I say!) 20 years ago, I had a 125 gallon reef, and today I'm back with a 5 gallon nano reef! The technology and readily available knowledge has changed SO MUCH in 20 years that it's almost like beginning again. Forums like this and YouTube, etc. make aquarium keeping so much more accessible. Glad to be back and part of this community. :)

20230830_195736.jpg
 
Welcome back. South Florida as well.
I figure there are quite a few reef keepers down here, and I wonder how many folks that were in the hobby then are still in the area. I remember driving down to the Miami planetarium for aquarium society meetings back in the day! Now, we have online forums!
 
I figure there are quite a few reef keepers down here, and I wonder how many folks that were in the hobby then are still in the area. I remember driving down to the Miami planetarium for aquarium society meetings back in the day! Now, we have online forums!
True some things have changed but the basics are still the same.
 
Nice looking little set up and welcome welcome to R2R!
Thank you! It's such a joy for me to see that little reef every day. It's in our kitchen so everyone can see it and interact with it regularly.
 

Attachments

  • VideoCapture_20230830-234721.jpg
    VideoCapture_20230830-234721.jpg
    186.5 KB · Views: 62

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 3 10.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 5 16.7%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 1 3.3%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 4 13.3%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 16 53.3%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 1 3.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new