Hi from South Florida!

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Miami, to be more exact....;Shamefullyembarrased

My boyfriend surpried me with a 75gal setup on Christmas morning!

Came with, sump, bioballs, lights, reactor, rock, and Im sure Im missing things!

Sunday, we got to work and he raised, and reinforced the bottom to make it 8inches higher. We played and set the rock how we like it, went out to LFS and got bags of live sand, and also decided to get water to set up the tank... 90 gallons later we are fully running / cycling!

I am a saltwater newb, but currently have a 55gal planted freshwater thats mine, and this saltwater will be our family tank ;) as he had a 90gal about 10 years ago. So hes happy to be back!

Welcome! Glad you joined. I'm Lisa and like you started in freshwater but many years ago. Like your BF, I'm a saltwater returner with my boyfriend new to hobby but he's come a long way and is now very hands on. It's definitely great family hobby. Love how its us women doing the posting on R2R !! Great gift!!

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID)

This is a good reference book type online article I still review:

OP
OP
Dani305

Dani305

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome! Glad you joined. I'm Lisa and like you started in freshwater but many years ago. Like your BF, I'm a saltwater returner with my boyfriend new to hobby but he's come a long way and is now very hands on. It's definitely great family hobby. Love how its us women doing the posting on R2R !! Great gift!!

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID)

This is a good reference book type online article I still review:
Hi and thank you for such a warm welcome! We have been busy tinkering with this tank for a few days now. It’s running well!

I need to write down or take pics of the things that I have going on to start a build thread. I just don’t know the information off the top!

OP
OP
Dani305

Dani305

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have created my build thread! If anyone wants to take a look at any new updates.

Either way, thank you all for a warm welcome!

BreadReef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Miami, to be more exact....;Shamefullyembarrased

My boyfriend surpried me with a 75gal setup on Christmas morning!

Came with, sump, bioballs, lights, reactor, rock, and Im sure Im missing things!

Sunday, we got to work and he raised, and reinforced the bottom to make it 8inches higher. We played and set the rock how we like it, went out to LFS and got bags of live sand, and also decided to get water to set up the tank... 90 gallons later we are fully running / cycling!

I am a saltwater newb, but currently have a 55gal planted freshwater thats mine, and this saltwater will be our family tank ;) as he had a 90gal about 10 years ago. So hes happy to be back!

This looks wonderfully fun for the two of you, excited to watch it grow!

Welcome to the forums!

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 87.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.3%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back