OP
OP
Dani305

Dani305

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He's right. Good luck and Happy Reefing.
I was worried, I have been reading on here for a few days now, and all Ive seen is people MAKE their water :oops: I wasnt so sure. Tested waters, everything looks good and down below is running smooth.

tharbin

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was worried, I have been reading on here for a few days now, and all Ive seen is people MAKE their water :oops: I wasnt so sure. Tested waters, everything looks good and down below is running smooth.
Most of us don't have clean ocean water easily available. For those of us that don't (very little ocean-front property here in Arizona) some buy their water from their LFS but most of us make it. It is easier and less expensive than lugging jugs back and forth. The nice thing with make-it-yourself ocean water is that you know pretty much what is and what is not in the water. Most of the places that do sell or use "the real thing" collect the water from far offshore.

OP
OP
Dani305

Dani305

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most of us don't have clean ocean water easily available. For those of us that don't (very little ocean-front property here in Arizona) some buy their water from their LFS but most of us make it. It is easier and less expensive than lugging jugs back and forth. The nice thing with make-it-yourself ocean water is that you know pretty much what is and what is not in the water. Most of the places that do sell or use "the real thing" collect the water from far offshore.
You know I didn’t even consider that people didn’t have access to ocean water ! D’oh!!!

if it weren’t for my bf carrying 90 gallons of water in 5 and 15 gallon buckets in the house we wouldn’t be as far as we are. So gonna thank him extra tonight!

G Santana

Hospitality Elf
View Badges
Reaction score
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/this-little-pigg
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome aboard, good luck with your build
ZomboMeme 09042021130748.jpg

a.t.t.r

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You know I didn’t even consider that people didn’t have access to ocean water ! D’oh!!!

if it weren’t for my bf carrying 90 gallons of water in 5 and 15 gallon buckets in the house we wouldn’t be as far as we are. So gonna thank him extra tonight!

Florida as well and long time sea water user ( in the past buying almost 1k gallons at a time) With the way our reefs off shore have been looking and lots of environmental deregulations allowing more junk into our water ways I would recommend mixing your own saltwater moving forward. Also being from Miami don't trust any fish store down there. Buy your own RO unit.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0

attiland

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Miami, to be more exact....;Shamefullyembarrased

My boyfriend surpried me with a 75gal setup on Christmas morning!

Came with, sump, bioballs, lights, reactor, rock, and Im sure Im missing things!

Sunday, we got to work and he raised, and reinforced the bottom to make it 8inches higher. We played and set the rock how we like it, went out to LFS and got bags of live sand, and also decided to get water to set up the tank... 90 gallons later we are fully running / cycling!

I am a saltwater newb, but currently have a 55gal planted freshwater thats mine, and this saltwater will be our family tank ;) as he had a 90gal about 10 years ago. So hes happy to be back!

Welcome to R2R
Welcome to R2R.JPG

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 104 75.9%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 10.9%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 5.8%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back