Hi from Spokane Wa area

Chris3511

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 19, 2025
Messages
8
Reaction score
41
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi it has been many hot minutes since my last saltwater tank. This area is lacking in lfs. I am originally from California and getting saltwater and live rock was easy there. A trip down the street to the ocean. Here I can't do that. Hopefully this site will give a hand when needed.
 
Welcome to your new home for saltwater reef aquarium resources and fun! Welcome to the family! :D
welcome-home-logo-greeting-png.1484246
 
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Hi it has been many hot minutes since my last saltwater tank. This area is lacking in lfs. I am originally from California and getting saltwater and live rock was easy there. A trip down the street to the ocean. Here I can't do that. Hopefully this site will give a hand when needed.
I am living just outside of Spokane Wa.
 
Upvote 0
Hi it has been many hot minutes since my last saltwater tank. This area is lacking in lfs. I am originally from California and getting saltwater and live rock was easy there. A trip down the street to the ocean. Here I can't do that. Hopefully this site will give a hand when needed.
Welcome!

There are definitely great online vendors that can get you just about whatever you need. I know the shipping fees are not exciting, but as you may already know, a lot of online vendors have better options/diversity, and also cleaner systems, so less risk of disease/pests.

You can always check out the vendor feedback/seller feedback forum for reviews, or start your own thread for the best vendors/sellers for (x) product/livestock.

Glad you're here!
 
Upvote 0
Welcome!

There are definitely great online vendors that can get you just about whatever you need. I know the shipping fees are not exciting, but as you may already know, a lot of online vendors have better options/diversity, and also cleaner systems, so less risk of disease/pests.

You can always check out the vendor feedback/seller feedback forum for reviews, or start your own thread for the best vendors/sellers for (x) product/livestock.

Glad you're here!
Thanks for the information, I am almost done with my cycle and qt tank is set up.
 
Upvote 0
Hi it has been many hot minutes since my last saltwater tank. This area is lacking in lfs. I am originally from California and getting saltwater and live rock was easy there. A trip down the street to the ocean. Here I can't do that. Hopefully this site will give a hand when needed.
Good luck, my friend. I was born and raised in Spokane. Now I'm a few hours south.

No good lfs. Need good ocean rock? Order from Tampa Bay saltwater, and do air freight. However you can usually stock your tank with fish and inverts with Fish World in the Valley, Sprague and Bowdish. There is a store in Airway heights i haven't been to yet. There was Inland Corals on the north side but I think he closed to the public. Other than that just northwest seed and pet and petco.

However, if you find yourself in Missoula Montana, there is a great store, Blue Reef. I make a yearly trip there. Worth it when the options are so slim and you want to see things in person.
 
Upvote 0

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 5.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 20.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 33 32.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 13 12.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new