Hi from Texas

Nanorock1970

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R and the wonderful folks, information and help..

Patience, it is the big word around here, Reefing is patience to cycle, to watch things grow, to keep your tank balanced.
I recommend to everyone joining to create a tank build thread.
1. You get to see where you have started and how much you have grown in this hobby.
2. We love pictures and to see what your doing with your tank.
3. It’s a great learning tool for all of us to see what works and doesn’t . We learn great stuff from each other.
Lastly the only bad question here is the one not asked...

giphy.gif

OP
OP
Wshn41

Wshn41

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s a work in progress but has been set up and housing the ponies a year now
It’s cleaning water change day but here’s the whole tank minus what I have out scrubbing lol

Attachments

• 5A324C80-D6BA-4926-AA41-D2647FD06AFF.jpeg
    5A324C80-D6BA-4926-AA41-D2647FD06AFF.jpeg
    246.1 KB · Views: 25
  • C78D7A46-3E89-481E-8E0A-CDAF96FE4199.jpeg
    C78D7A46-3E89-481E-8E0A-CDAF96FE4199.jpeg
    246.1 KB · Views: 25
OP
OP
Wshn41

Wshn41

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a question? I have T5 I think it’s called lights with actinic bulbs and super purple bulbs. Besides the anemone, clowns, pencil urchin and orange linckia starfish what else can I have?

OP
OP
Wshn41

Wshn41

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update on 75 gal tank. My Sherman anemone is doing great. I added a green bubble tip at the other end of the tank but that made my Sherman upset. She moved around and around her rock. I removed the BTA back to the Qt and Ruby the Sherman is happy again.

Attachments

• 07D44B25-4AB6-4CBF-BCB3-630A551797D6.jpeg
    07D44B25-4AB6-4CBF-BCB3-630A551797D6.jpeg
    229.8 KB · Views: 14
OP
OP
Wshn41

Wshn41

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I give up ! My 75 gal reef tank is not going anywhere! I fight hair algae , I fight nitrates, built a sump for it taking out the canister filter and (drum Roll) the dang pen it urchin ate my zoas three different frags all in one night. My poor torch is shrinking and I’m concerned he’s dying but I don’t know what else to do for him

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I give up ! My 75 gal reef tank is not going anywhere! I fight hair algae , I fight nitrates, built a sump for it taking out the canister filter and (drum Roll) the dang pen it urchin ate my zoas three different frags all in one night. My poor torch is shrinking and I’m concerned he’s dying but I don’t know what else to do for him

Belated Welcome! Glad you joined. I love this quote from Arthur Ashe, tennis player "start where you are, use what you have, do what you can."

This 2 year old Welcome Thread in Forum Meet and Greet area will attract the attention of those who like to say "Hi!"

There are other Forum areas that will help you with specific questions and issues you may be having, but nitrate control and hair algae are common things so you may find/have found answers by searching. If you do post, then specific information on your water parameters, lighting and its schedule, photos can all be helpful so people can help you.

The most important part - deep breath - hang in there. Patience is the magic in this hobby.

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread under Forum > Member Aquariums and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID).

This might help you find people local to you in Texas:

This is a good reference book type online article I still review:

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 18.1%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.3%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 19.3%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 69 41.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%
Back