Hi from the UK

KarlsReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
welcome to R2R to a fellow Brit. I'm pretty new to the hobby and here. Had a family tropical system when I was a kid then a koi pond for a fair few years, but always had a love for Maine and coral just always believed the "it's very hard" line. Then 18 months ago decided to try my hand. Everything has been good and great learning experience. found a true love for this great hobby, building a second larger system now, about 580 litres, will have to start my build thread. Take care n great to meet you

OP
OP
Phoebe-fish

Phoebe-fish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you all for your welcomes! I'm humbled by your interest in the biorb, and frankly relived that you all think it is viable! I've now made a build thread so people can follow along :)

Hi and welcome to r2r, what macro algae’s have you got so far?

So far I have Chaeto and calulerpa lentillifera. I know the chaeto does better when it can roll around but there's too many rocks in there atm. I'm planning on using a lot of them to seed the DT cycle and then drill through a couple so that they tower around the standpipe, and then the chaeto can roll around the outside.

Im pretty jelly of the separate fuge, mines in the sump. If it were me i might have a mangrove in there (always wanted one)
Not sure if im allowed to mention names but i use charterhouse aquatics and kraken corals for all my equipment needs (both uk) next day delivery. They also sell any fittings you may need and are able to suggest the right parts for the job.
The fuge will help with cycling, it will act as a food source for copepods and other beneficial organisms.

Thank you anth for your help and suggestions - that really helps me out. A mangrove, eh? I'm intrigued, I'll have a look!

Welcome to R2R! Do you have any social media you are documenting this on?

Unfortunately not, this will be a R2R exclusive experience - haha!

BighohoReef

A reefer in need is a friend indeed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great tanks! Welcome to R2R!
giphy.gif

Back