Hi guys and gals! It's been awhile.

Scooter1970

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a 40 gallon breeder saltwater tank. When I was at the doctors one day, my mom decided to spray lysol all over the house and basically fumigated the whole house and all my fish died. I'm wanting to get a Fluval Evo 13.5 and want to know if if it's possible to be successful without modding it? The reason I ask, is that i have had ALS for 16 years and I'm totally paralyzed and have to rely on my daughters to do it for me. So the simpler the better. Not to mention I'm on a budget. Thanks for your time and input. Happy Reefing!!

nautical_nathaniel

Indecision may or may not be my problem.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've seen a couple of successful Eco 13.5's on instagram and such but I don't think it would be a very simple tank, not a whole lot of room for any equipment that makes things easier such as an ATO, media reactor, etc. They do make a protein skimmer for this tank but I'm not sure how effective it actually is.

Jesterrace

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly a used Biocube might be the way to go. That way you get a complete setup with rocks, fish, a few corals, etc for a few hundred bucks. Even the Fluval kit will cost more than that once you get everything setup for fish and corals. The other advantages is that if you get the 29-32 gallon model you will have quite a few more options than what that 13.5 kit will offer.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 15 7.9%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 34 17.8%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 127 66.5%
  • Neither.

Votes: 9 4.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.1%
Back