Hi! I'm a new nano reef tank owner

ConnivingPigeon

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello!

I was gifted a Evo Max 13.5 by a friend who was upgrading, and I've been loving it. There's a pair of clownfish, a goby, a couple snails and a couple crabs as well. Fortunately, the tank was well-maintained and was given to me in a stable state, so I've been able to dodge a lot of the painful introductory bits (with, of course, the downside of not choosing what to place and what to stock).

I'm a software engineer in my day job, so I've decided to hack together a reef-pi setup for the maintenance tasks. I've got a webcam and a jetson nano set up on the shelf. Once covid is over, I'll be traveling again, so I'd like to be able to watch the fish while I'm gone, and if I get some time, I'd like to play with a neural net to track where the fish go all day. I'm looking into acquiring the bits to monitor/maintain the water levels since this seems like the least pleasurable part of the maintenance so far/

Looking forward to learning more from you all!

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif

Nano925

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello!

I was gifted a Evo Max 13.5 by a friend who was upgrading, and I've been loving it. There's a pair of clownfish, a goby, a couple snails and a couple crabs as well. Fortunately, the tank was well-maintained and was given to me in a stable state, so I've been able to dodge a lot of the painful introductory bits (with, of course, the downside of not choosing what to place and what to stock).

I'm a software engineer in my day job, so I've decided to hack together a reef-pi setup for the maintenance tasks. I've got a webcam and a jetson nano set up on the shelf. Once covid is over, I'll be traveling again, so I'd like to be able to watch the fish while I'm gone, and if I get some time, I'd like to play with a neural net to track where the fish go all day. I'm looking into acquiring the bits to monitor/maintain the water levels since this seems like the least pleasurable part of the maintenance so far/

Looking forward to learning more from you all!
I have an Evo 13.5 and I use this. I use a 1 gallon plastic jar from Walmart as my reservoir.

Attachments

• 796659EA-6153-4FA2-91EF-5D5655827BA9.png
    796659EA-6153-4FA2-91EF-5D5655827BA9.png
    454.3 KB · Views: 26
  • D339F4BD-8EE1-4A00-A4FB-120BC190AA20.jpeg
    D339F4BD-8EE1-4A00-A4FB-120BC190AA20.jpeg
    165.2 KB · Views: 23

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0

zukihara

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
John Boyega Drink GIF by Amazon Prime Video

You'll be planning out a 210 with a CAD program soon enough, arguing about water chemistry on your lunch break and attempting to breed tangs in your basement. Eventually, you'll purchase a very high end 3D printer and design your own skimmer and reactors because "the others are trash".

Your BTC earnings will be rolled into something like Tezos and rather than Lambo, you will remove the tie and go for the new 700g in wall species tank. Wife ticked, but, hey, she owns half the BTC so you "get along for the kids".

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 24 29.3%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 18 22.0%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 22 26.8%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 18 22.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back