Hi! I'm getting back into it.

Bigmurf

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys, I'm going to be reviving my old 65gallon reef tank the silicone feels ok still after sitting dry for almost 10 years. I got rid of all my stuff years ago and now have to find all new parts (lighting, filtration,RO setup, etc) I've been battling back and forth with rebuilding this tank or just buying a Biocube32... So for me, step one is going to be upgrading my normal 2 outlet electric plug in the wall to 4 outlet unit (not sure if I should use a GFCI or not tho) and then I'll be cleaning up the stand, maybe my wife will paint it or something idk. And today I ordered a 20 gallon long to build my own sump. I'm currently researching protein skimmers. I need one before I build the sump. I hope to hear all your suggestions! If there's a place I can post all the progress please let me know
PXL_20210704_154600109.jpg

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys, I'm going to be reviving my old 65gallon reef tank the silicone feels ok still after sitting dry for almost 10 years. I got rid of all my stuff years ago and now have to find all new parts (lighting, filtration,RO setup, etc) I've been battling back and forth with rebuilding this tank or just buying a Biocube32... So for me, step one is going to be upgrading my normal 2 outlet electric plug in the wall to 4 outlet unit (not sure if I should use a GFCI or not tho) and then I'll be cleaning up the stand, maybe my wife will paint it or something idk. And today I ordered a 20 gallon long to build my own sump. I'm currently researching protein skimmers. I need one before I build the sump. I hope to hear all your suggestions! If there's a place I can post all the progress please let me know
PXL_20210704_154600109.jpg
Welcome!

Agree electrical capacity is something to give thought to doing... We planned a whole separate circuit for our tank, then went larger tank and moved location... so we share circuit with most rest of room LOL... may your plans and reality align better than mine :)

Glad you joined!

SaltyT

Wrasse obsessed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R! You can create a build thread to track your progress. Happy reefing!

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R and back to reefing.

I would suggest looking into the Red Sea skimmers. Red Sea has a nice solid skimmer that dose a great job.

You can start you own build thread here link. Start a thread there with your build thread :)

I am looking forward to your progress

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 38 47.5%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 42 52.5%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 16 20.0%
  • None.

Votes: 21 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 10.0%
Back