Hi! Just Joined!

EntitledSushi

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
May 19, 2020
Messages
81
Reaction score
76
What state or country do you live in
Massachusetts
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone! I have had a Red Sea Reefer 350 tank for about 3 years. The LFS has been doing the routine maintenance on it for most of that time, but when things shut down a couple months ago I started doing it myself. Boy there is a lot to know! This is a great forum and I'm hoping to learn a lot.

In looking at other's tanks I got inspired to try to change things up. For one thing it looks like I need a lot more coral. I've really been using it as a fish tank but the examples with lot of coral look awesome. I also want to redo to the aquascaping. Here's what the aquarium looks like now. I welcome suggestions and I'll post pictures as things evolve.

aquarium copy.jpg

aquarium blue.JPG
 
Welcome! You should have done this three years ago ;)

Simplicity has a certain elegance to it, but changing things up and expanding your coral know how is a great project for a summer where events and vacations may not be happening. Tons of advice around here to soak up.
 
Welcome to the Reef. You could get some shelf rock and make and arch between your two rock structures, right behind the vase. This would give lots of room for new corals.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new