Glad you're here!

1a-Welcome Aboard.gif

Jimbhoy13

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R Josh. Clowns can be nasty. I guess it depends on whether they are damaging the tang before deciding on action. Lots of knowledgeable and helpful people here who will support and advise you when needed.

OP
OP
B

Blade953

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for the late reply my clownfish are being less aggressive now. Tang is finally calming down and swimming more normal then before. Thanks for all the replies I was going to remove the clowns for a little and re introduce them into the tank after about 3 days. I might not have to now. I thought about a divider. Also, I think from all the abuse the clowns did, the tangs right eye is cloudy just around cornea. No inflammation no irregular shapes. No redness, nothing. Just a white round circle . Half the size of this circle. Think this is from hitting it? Cause they slammed into him once or twice and he mistakingly struck back. I will be upgrading tank sometime soon its a 4 foot 55 gallon and the kole tang is only about 2 1/2 inches and I know they can get a little larger then 6 inches. Thanks again for replies. He seems to be doing pretty well in terms of if the clowns aren't messing with him now he pecks at rocks and the sand. And swims around nicely most of the time.

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a few questions. I have a kole tang and my clownfish are ruthless to it. What can i do to stop the aggression? They treat their other tank mates nicely and dont bit them at all. They are about 3 years old with an anemone as their host. I have a few corals. My other fish get along with my tang. And the tang them.

Thank you

Hi Josh and Welcome! Glad you joined. I am so glad to hear it has gotten better!! Clownfish LOOK so nice, but aggression is so important to their sexuality and breeding. I'll cross my fingers for you, but someday you (and I) may end up with a species tank for their anemones and clownfish to have them separate from the other fish.

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID)

This might help you find people local to you:

This might help you find people local to you, if Middleburg is outside USA:

This is a good reference book type online article I still review:

OP
OP
B

Blade953

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just bought this 75 gallon tank and stand today. Going to start putting more corals in it. Does anyone have any ideas of what other fish to put in it?

I have a 6 line wrasse, 2 clowns, anemone, starry blenny, blue eye kole tang, and a Fiji orangetail puffer(doesn't pick at my corals). Very chill.

Attachments

• 20220828_200606.jpg
    20220828_200606.jpg
    163.4 KB · Views: 12

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 48 41.4%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 12 10.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 33 28.4%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 21 18.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.7%
Back