Hi my name is josh

Blade953

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a few questions. I have a kole tang and my clownfish are ruthless to it. What can i do to stop the aggression? They treat their other tank mates nicely and dont bit them at all. They are about 3 years old with an anemone as their host. I have a few corals. My other fish get along with my tang. And the tang them.

Thank you

Baby_Shark

King of shark week!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Josh,

in my experience with clown fish they take a while to warm up to new tank mates especially when their old clowns. Give them a while and if they dont settle down you may want to get a cheap dummy fish for them to focus on as it will be the new fish in town. I only say this because it worked for me.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
B631D039-C423-4AF2-A4EB-4326299818F5.gif

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi and welcome.
I don’t know of anyone using this trick but on clownfish, but with aggressive tangs it’s common to put a mirror up to the outside of the glass so that the aggressive fish attacks it’s reflection and leaves the other fish alone. Leave the mirror up for a day or two and then remove it to see if the clownfish starts leaving the tang alone.
I don’t see why it wouldn’t work with any fish.

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello and welcome to R2R!! :)

I would suggest moving the fish that you do not want in the tank out. I have two maroon clowns. The female clown is very aggressive and has earned the name, The Assassin for the reason she has killed about 5 tank mates.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 52 40.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 15 11.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 37 28.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 24 18.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back