• IMG_7811.jpeg
    IMG_7811.jpeg
    167.8 KB · Views: 10

mdpitts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone! I'm Rob, new to R2R but not new to reefing. I've been off and on since 2007. I've recently gotten back into the hobby with a 32g Biocube I found off of FB Marketplace, for a great price. I didn't really document anything about the setup so I'm sorry for that, but in my next build I will try to do a whole build thread for it. Looking to upgrade soon to my main display for my living room, just trying to decide what size would be best for the space. I'm not a "coral collector" like I don't care for the super expensive got to have the wildest color corals. I like just having the cool classic corals, that are hardy and are fun to look at and possibly grow fast :p. This time around I'm wanting to dip my toe into the SPS way more. I've always kept, LPS, Easier SPS and softies no problem. I want a mostly SPS dominant tank this time around with some LPS for movement sporadically around the tank. So, I'm open for any advice with that as well.

I'm from Corpus Christi, TX, so we only have 2 SW fish stores here, if you don't count Petco lol. The closest next fish store is 2 hours away in San Antonio, so that could be like a once a month trip or 2 if we're lucky. So, that means either things are slow building or online orders are the way to go. I've never really ordered coral or fish online before, so I don't know how that would go or who to order from, so any advice there would be great.

Thank you!
-Rob
If you got that Biocube in the last few weeks I might have had my eye on it. Guy in Houston was selling it?? There are 2 stores here in Austin if you ever come here - Aqua-Dome in S. Austin and AquaTek in N. Austin.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back