Hi! New member from NJ

OrchidMiss

Official Reef Mermaid
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Welcome to R2R. Big hi from North Jersey, u know, Taylor Ham!, Im down, Always have frags for a good cause.
Pork roll...
real housewives television GIF by RealityTVGIFs

I jest.. it's gross no matter what you call it.

Brazilian Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there ! New here! I’ve had tanks all my life, my mains are my 55 goldfish ( has four giants), neo shrimp nano, my son’s glo tank and a guppy madness tank. I haven’t done salt water since my 20s which well was 20 years ago. I had tried two nanos then and was really slammed not to do a nano. After move to a new home my 29 crashed hard and I never reset it. Well 20 years later here I am trying a nano again which is a lot more welcoming than last time!!! Super excited to be back and set this up as my office tank.

I got the water box 15 pennisula on Black Friday. So I’m day 20.

I got LFS rock that was in the tank mature, and live sand. Fed that for a week with seed and some dead matter and food. Then did Dr Tim’s one and only and got two mocha sunset clowns on day 7 with two snails and three tiny hermits. I had diatoms already at this point. I was away four days that week so no testing done ( husband wouldn’t do it)

On day 8 I had a small ammonia rise and fall and been all zeroes since. I then bought a piece of ocean rock just 2lbs to add on and even with die off no spike.

At two weeks I added a super tiny baby watchman goby and baby tiger pistol shrimp and threw in three loose mushrooms and a zoa frag. Some of my other hitchhikers are white stars, feather dusters, macro algae, brittle star baby, and a small coral that I posted in the other forum about hitchhiker ID. Murdered some Aiptasia too with Apt X.

Only added anything else because facebook group feeling was I cycled quick that first week away on work with all the mature rock so up bioload a bit.

Still all zeroes. Can’t seem to get nitrates.

Upgrades I’ve made: Hygger mini wave maker, contactless heater, swapped sock for floss pads, and no bio balls used crushed coral and matrix, and have AI 16 prime with BR settings.

Upgrades sitting here for me to use: skimmer, ATO unit, RO unit.

Last video I made attached on day 16 here

Welcome and happy reefing!

cdemoss01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there ! New here! I’ve had tanks all my life, my mains are my 55 goldfish ( has four giants), neo shrimp nano, my son’s glo tank and a guppy madness tank. I haven’t done salt water since my 20s which well was 20 years ago. I had tried two nanos then and was really slammed not to do a nano. After move to a new home my 29 crashed hard and I never reset it. Well 20 years later here I am trying a nano again which is a lot more welcoming than last time!!! Super excited to be back and set this up as my office tank.

I got the water box 15 pennisula on Black Friday. So I’m day 20.

I got LFS rock that was in the tank mature, and live sand. Fed that for a week with seed and some dead matter and food. Then did Dr Tim’s one and only and got two mocha sunset clowns on day 7 with two snails and three tiny hermits. I had diatoms already at this point. I was away four days that week so no testing done ( husband wouldn’t do it)

On day 8 I had a small ammonia rise and fall and been all zeroes since. I then bought a piece of ocean rock just 2lbs to add on and even with die off no spike.

At two weeks I added a super tiny baby watchman goby and baby tiger pistol shrimp and threw in three loose mushrooms and a zoa frag. Some of my other hitchhikers are white stars, feather dusters, macro algae, brittle star baby, and a small coral that I posted in the other forum about hitchhiker ID. Murdered some Aiptasia too with Apt X.

Only added anything else because facebook group feeling was I cycled quick that first week away on work with all the mature rock so up bioload a bit.

Still all zeroes. Can’t seem to get nitrates.

Upgrades I’ve made: Hygger mini wave maker, contactless heater, swapped sock for floss pads, and no bio balls used crushed coral and matrix, and have AI 16 prime with BR settings.

Upgrades sitting here for me to use: skimmer, ATO unit, RO unit.

Last video I made attached on day 16 here

Welcome to Reef2Reef!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 24 14.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 24 14.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 96 57.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 7.1%
Back