Hi!.....new member intro

Gator_Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi R2R,

I recently began the very addicting, but fascinating, reefkeeping hobby.

I live in southern Maryland and have lived in the area for almost 10 years now. I'm originally from Florida.

Have had freshwater setups since I was a kid but have always been enamored by Saltwater and especially reef tanks in the last few years.

Finally made the plunge about 3 months ago and setup my first saltwater tank. It is a Fluval Edge 6 gallon. Realize these small tanks are not the easiest to work with but its what I have for now and I really enjoy how they look. The tank currently has two ocellaris clowns, three dwarf blue-legged hermit crabs, two astrea snails, and two cerith snails. As far as corals, I have worked up to several mixed reef frags, which include: Green Star Polyps, Blue Discosomas, Hammers, Jack O' lantern Leptoseris, Blasto Wellsi, Psammocora, Hydnophora, and a Montipora Capricornis.

I continue to read up on Nano Reef tanks and folks' experiences and attempt to learn more about the keeping of reef tank in general.

Look forward to meeting many of you and appreciate the knowledge and awesome friendliness of this community!

Retro Reefer

Slow and steady wins the race!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
CD073AF3-D2DC-424E-8994-C2FF90310279.gif

OP
OP
Gator_Reefer

Gator_Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks all, really appreciate the warm welcome!

As requested, here's a pic of my new tank from about a week ago....the blue discos on the bottom right have really expanded since though. Will try to post a newer pic soon.
Nano Reef (14MAR2019).JPG

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 105 86.8%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.5%
Back