Hi!.....new member intro

Gator_Reefer

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 25, 2019
Messages
106
Reaction score
81
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi R2R,

I recently began the very addicting, but fascinating, reefkeeping hobby.

I live in southern Maryland and have lived in the area for almost 10 years now. I'm originally from Florida.

Have had freshwater setups since I was a kid but have always been enamored by Saltwater and especially reef tanks in the last few years.

Finally made the plunge about 3 months ago and setup my first saltwater tank. It is a Fluval Edge 6 gallon. Realize these small tanks are not the easiest to work with but its what I have for now and I really enjoy how they look. The tank currently has two ocellaris clowns, three dwarf blue-legged hermit crabs, two astrea snails, and two cerith snails. As far as corals, I have worked up to several mixed reef frags, which include: Green Star Polyps, Blue Discosomas, Hammers, Jack O' lantern Leptoseris, Blasto Wellsi, Psammocora, Hydnophora, and a Montipora Capricornis.

I continue to read up on Nano Reef tanks and folks' experiences and attempt to learn more about the keeping of reef tank in general.

Look forward to meeting many of you and appreciate the knowledge and awesome friendliness of this community!
 
CD073AF3-D2DC-424E-8994-C2FF90310279.gif
 
Welcome to R2R! You nailed it with, "Addicting!" A whole lot of great info and a whole lot of great people here. Happy you found us!

tenor.gif
 
Welcome to R2R!
Wtr2r8.gif
 
Welcome home, you will love it here!

We are going to need some tank pics! :)
 
Thanks all, really appreciate the warm welcome!

As requested, here's a pic of my new tank from about a week ago....the blue discos on the bottom right have really expanded since though. Will try to post a newer pic soon.
Nano Reef (14MAR2019).JPG
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 14 51.9%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new