Hi to all.

soyelmocano

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been reading here from time to time for years.

Not too experienced. Have a150g saltwater tank that I do very little upkeep on. Feed and add distilled water as needed. Clean it about every six months or so. I have lots of grape caulerpa and different cleaner dudes
Crabs, snails, pincushion urchin, squat lobster, brittle star, some worms, and a few guys that obviously go away on vacation and then come back because I only see them every few months ( a peppermint shrimp, a sand stirring star, a pinkie cucumber (he disappeared for almost a year until a few days ago)).
Did add a diamond gobi that lifts a little more sand.
As far as fish, I keep it simple. There are two clowns, a yellow-tail damsel, a chromis, and that is about it. I would like to add more to look nicer in the future, but I know that I can't/won't devote time to it, so I don't want to add things that need a lot of care. I wouldn't want to cause harm or death to a creature by not caring for it as needed.
I would like some more macro too. Really interested in maybe some turtle grass or something similar and or colors and types.

The grape and the critters seem to keep it very clean, and I almost never even clean the glass. Have someone come to do a deep clean from time to time as I work a lot. Whenever he comes, he tests the water and it is always pretty much perfect. He cuts back some grape, and I ask him to do a partial water change to get some of the mineral and stuff in.

I wanted to post in the trade section about trading/gifting some of the grape caulerpa, but I can't post there yet. I don't want to ship or sell, but I could give or trade some to anyone from my area.

Will continue to read and learn.

The Aquatic Arsenal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
r2r-gif-welcome.gif

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 40 22.9%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 60 34.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 55 31.4%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 9.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.3%
Back