High Alk and Low pH readings

  • Thread starter Thread starter BPiers
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Low water movment and so low oxigenation of the water
And acid action of co2 caused decrease of ph
 
Ca is 392 per Hanna checker
This reactor has been on the tank since January. The main tank is borderline overkill with flow. Theres DC12000 main return, MP10 and 2 WAV pumps. Flow in the tank is massive!
 
Ok just to help, I had a similar situation, I had high Alkalinity but my PH would not go above 8.05, and then I had my Impact windows installed, since all windows had to be removed and fresh Air was fully coming in the house my PH now is at 8.2, and even stayed there over night. My plan with this is to get a long air hose and extend it from the skimmer input to the outside at least three times a week for 1 hour, also open up my windows at least two times a week to freshen out the air.

I live in Miami, hence we never turn off our ACs. It rarely goes below 80 here.
 
Is it possible to have Alkalinity at 15.9 dKH with a pH of 7.49?

I suspect the pH is in error. WHen did you last calibrate the pH meter?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new