High end propagation

eacass02

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm thinking about getting a CSB and trying to propagate it and sell of the splits. Is there any on here that do something similar with high end anemones and want to share their experiences? I have experience with anemones, but nothing that expensive. But seeing how they go for almost 1k on this forum even if it splits once or twice a year you are getting some nice money out of your tank. I have a 60 cube with about 20 nems with some that split semi regular so i was thinking about throwing in a basket on the side to keep them for easy removal. I would practice selling and shipping the regular ones first since I have never shipped livestock before, but would make sure to do it right. Is this something viable that people do? Thanks for any info, sorry if this has been discussed before

chizerbunoi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As long as you can maintain good water parameters during this process. I would suggest that you feed daily. Then once every few weeks do a water change where you stress them out. Either a salinity or temperature shock of 2-3 degrees. That will shock them to cause them to split.

would be recommended that you keep them in floating pond baskets for easy removal.
Alternatively you can manually divide them by cutting if your keeping in the same system as your main display.

Epic Aquaculture

The artist formerly known as SawCJack00
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
CSB's usually don't split very often. I've had my original for 2 years, and it has only split twice. CSB's should also never be mixed with other types of anemones, especially wild anemones. If mixed with other types of BTA's or other anemones, there will be chemical warfare, and the CSB will always loose. Keep lots of cipro on hand and a have a hospital tank ready if you plan to try to mix them...

D-Nak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are a lot of people who propagate CSBs, so many in fact that some farmers are now selling them to wholesalers. In my area, they're hard to unload because there are quite a few for sale and not much demand.

Epic Aquaculture

The artist formerly known as SawCJack00
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
any one have pic of there setups
CSB 5 resize.jpg

CSB.jpg

chizerbunoi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ignore the UV and HOB skimmer. Going through a Dino outbreak so anemones are not very happy right now.

4AB6A245-9A7C-48DA-8327-B3D5580C85BC.jpeg

RVA REEF

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
great idea, youre going to be the next frag star millionaire

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 22 31.4%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 56 80.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 11 15.7%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.0%
  • Other

Votes: 4 5.7%
Back