High head pump for ATO/water change

  • Thread starter Thread starter cb684
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

cb684

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 28, 2015
Messages
586
Reaction score
454
What state or country do you live in
Mississippi
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In the last 2 years I had to replace 3 pumps all diaphragm pumps rated for salt water. I need a pump to pump water from the reservoir in the garage through the roof to my sump about 50 feet away. Any one has a solution that is working for more than 1 year? I am thinking to get a Cole Parmer MasterFlex peristaltic pump, any thoughts on that?
 
I've got a couple SpectraPure pumps for my auto water change system pumping water down 4' into my crawl space and ~20' horizontally. I can't speak for their longevity, but I'll trust SpectraPure to stand by their product. Go to their website and email them with your run distance and they'll recommend a pump.
 
Thank you both for your inputs. Randy I looked at the Reef Filler pumps but I need more than 30 gallons a day so I had to move on to a more powerful option. Benapilot, I checked SpectraPure website and they use the same brand of diaphragm pumps that I used before (ShureFlo). I called the company this morning and asked what would be the best pump to deal with fresh and marine water and realized that the ones I used before were not the best option. So here I go trying one more ShureFlo but now one different model: http://shurflo.com/marine-products/washdown-pumps/pro-blaster-ii/155-pro-blaster-ii-deluxe-4-0
Thanks
CB
 
Thank you both for your inputs. Randy I looked at the Reef Filler pumps but I need more than 30 gallons a day so I had to move on to a more powerful option. Benapilot, I checked SpectraPure website and they use the same brand of diaphragm pumps that I used before (ShureFlo). I called the company this morning and asked what would be the best pump to deal with fresh and marine water and realized that the ones I used before were not the best option. So here I go trying one more ShureFlo but now one different model: http://shurflo.com/marine-products/washdown-pumps/pro-blaster-ii/155-pro-blaster-ii-deluxe-4-0
Thanks
CB


You must have looked at the wrong Spectrapure pump, The pump for water changes is peristaltic
http://spectrapure.com/DOSING-TOP-O...S/LiterMeter-III-Precision-Dosing-System-115V
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 21.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 29 29.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 9.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 9.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 13 13.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new