High head pump for ATO/water change

cb684

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In the last 2 years I had to replace 3 pumps all diaphragm pumps rated for salt water. I need a pump to pump water from the reservoir in the garage through the roof to my sump about 50 feet away. Any one has a solution that is working for more than 1 year? I am thinking to get a Cole Parmer MasterFlex peristaltic pump, any thoughts on that?

benapilot

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got a couple SpectraPure pumps for my auto water change system pumping water down 4' into my crawl space and ~20' horizontally. I can't speak for their longevity, but I'll trust SpectraPure to stand by their product. Go to their website and email them with your run distance and they'll recommend a pump.

OP
OP
cb684

cb684

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you both for your inputs. Randy I looked at the Reef Filler pumps but I need more than 30 gallons a day so I had to move on to a more powerful option. Benapilot, I checked SpectraPure website and they use the same brand of diaphragm pumps that I used before (ShureFlo). I called the company this morning and asked what would be the best pump to deal with fresh and marine water and realized that the ones I used before were not the best option. So here I go trying one more ShureFlo but now one different model: http://shurflo.com/marine-products/washdown-pumps/pro-blaster-ii/155-pro-blaster-ii-deluxe-4-0
Thanks
CB

azjohnny

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you both for your inputs. Randy I looked at the Reef Filler pumps but I need more than 30 gallons a day so I had to move on to a more powerful option. Benapilot, I checked SpectraPure website and they use the same brand of diaphragm pumps that I used before (ShureFlo). I called the company this morning and asked what would be the best pump to deal with fresh and marine water and realized that the ones I used before were not the best option. So here I go trying one more ShureFlo but now one different model: http://shurflo.com/marine-products/washdown-pumps/pro-blaster-ii/155-pro-blaster-ii-deluxe-4-0
Thanks
CB

You must have looked at the wrong Spectrapure pump, The pump for water changes is peristaltic
http://spectrapure.com/DOSING-TOP-O...S/LiterMeter-III-Precision-Dosing-System-115V

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 27.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 32 36.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 25 28.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back