High light corals?

Cerberusfish

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 7, 2019
Messages
244
Reaction score
106
What state or country do you live in
Georgia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Towards the top of my tank I've got some spots between 400-500 PAR and was looking for something interesting to put there? The highest spot is about 4-5 inches from the top of the water so maybe so nice but also short options included. Doesn't have to be SPS but I'm looking at getting into it. Already have a spot picked out for some plating montipora once I find a nice specimen.
 
I wouldn’t put a plating monti anywhere near the top since it will grow fast and shade everything under it.
It's going in the middle but thanks for the note :). I'm actually going to try and use it to intentionally shade some things and create lower light areas for certain corals, but we'll see how that goes. I've already got a rock where I can do the same thing and I use that area to acclimate new corals.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 3 4.5%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 26.9%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 28.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 9 13.4%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.0%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 10.4%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 6.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new