The fact that you're keeping your parameters to yourself (ammonia, bacteria, etc.) until somebody challenges you gives me the impression you're hiding something. How long have you actually been in the hobby? How many crashes have you had?
What?! Have you read the entire discussion?
Who said that two weeks make any difference? Me? I only mentioned that the tank is 1 1/2 months old. Do you not want the exact information about the tank to make an informed judgment?
I've been in the hobby since last July... That’s why I’m asking for help—because I’m a newbie.
I’m sorry if I haven’t shared the information at the right time or didn’t know exactly what to share.
It feels like you’re more interested in criticizing than helping. If you’re not here to offer assistance, then thanks anyway, and have a nice day.
Yes, I read your posts. As you said yesterday, "The carbon has been the same since I built the tank, so it is 1 month old." Post #16. A month is mot 1 1/2 months old.
Post #1, "I finished the cycle about two weeks ago, and my nitrates keep rising." So you only allowed your tank to cycle for two weeks. Bacteria or not, that's really rushing things, considering how much livestock costs.
Some of your responses seemed to imply that you thought that you knew what you were doing, yet your choices were in conflict with conventional wisdom:
"So, not adding fish at this point is just a matter of preference and approach. Some people believe it's absolutely necessary to add fish from day one."
Today you
finally said you're a newbie. Do you see why this would be frustrating to follow?
For now, I would recommend that you consider doing absolutely nothing, and feed the fish only enough to keep them alive until the nitrites disappear. Then I suggest water changes to remove nitrates.
Please thoroughly research the nitrogen cycle before you add anything else to the tank. In the meantime, I highly recommend you watch these two videos ASAP: The first features Dr. Tim Hovanec, Ph.D. the creator of the Dr. Tim's line of aquarium products (like nitrifying bacteria) and top expert in the subject of this thread.
The second video is from Ryan Batcheller,the founder of
Bulk Reef Supply and probably one of the premier reef aquarium experts on the planet: