High pH - Yet Again!!!

redfishbluefish

Stay Positive, Stay Productive
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh my gosh, my pH is almost 8.6!!!

It's a good thing, as a two part doser, that I know that it's impossible for me to get to this pH unless someone dumped something nasty in my tank. I might be able to get there if I dosed kalkwasser and overdosed or dosed too fast, but otherwise, it's highly unlikely.

So I pulled the probe out and gently brushed off the few strands of hair algae, washed with RO/DI, and recalibrated using pH 7 and pH 10 standards. And now this is more in line with what I'd expect with lights out and closed up house in the winter:

If it still didn't look right or was sluggish, I'd soak the probe in some vinegar overnight and recalibrate.

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Regular maintenance is a no brainer if you ask me.
Yesterday a guy picked up a wetside for a MP40 as his was done he said after two years, I told him that with regular care they should last longer so I told him what I did.
Every two weeks I take of the 4 wet sides in my tank, clean them and put them in a 1 gallon storage container for two weeks.
Of course I have four extra wed sides that just came right out and rinse them in a bucket of salt water from a water change before hand and KAGOOM all good.
The guy looked at me and told me that this was the first time after two years he took his MP40 wet side out the tank.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 43 21.0%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 149 72.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 4.9%
Back