High Pitched Squeal After Cleaning Gyre

ShadowR55

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i developed a high pitches squeal on both of my Gyre’s after cleaning and installing back into the tank. I’m both motors were fine and didn’t make any noise prior to cleaning. Also, the noise didn’t develop till a couple hours later after reinstalling and it’s happening to both Gyre’s. I tried disassembling and reassembly while watching the YouTube videos so I know it didn’t do anything wrong. Has anyone else had this issue and is there a fix?

GoldeneyeRet

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check k the rubber bushings on the motor shaft. Mine did the same thing and I found those bushings were worn through. Replacing them resolved the squeak.

A_game43

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had the same thing with both of mine and find often that the outer cage and inner fin cage are not aligned to each other and rub together producing this squeal sound. I try and twist the out cage back and forth to get them better aligned.

OP
OP
ShadowR55

ShadowR55

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I figured it out, I took it apart piece by piece and turned the motor on to see where the sound was coming from. It ended up being the hard plastic bushing on the ceramic shaft of the motor that is a half circle with a flat portion. The bushing was pushed in flush to the ceramic shaft yet rubbing on the plastic beneath it. So I pulled that bushing out a little bit from the shaft and now it’s not making contact with the plastic below it.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 7 21.9%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 26 81.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 21.9%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Other

Votes: 2 6.3%
Back