High TDS

jdm4jeremy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I’ve been having high phosphates in my tank since start up, almost a year! Finally got a TDS meter to test the RODI water I have been using since day one to mix and for my ATO and it tested at 44ppm! My phosphate test at lowest 0.09 and highest 0.25 could this be my main problem?

OP
OP
J

jdm4jeremy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow that's pretty bad.

Did you try with a fresh batch of DI?
Unfortunately I’ve just been buying my rodi water from my lfs to mix with and for my ato! I tested CVS distilled and it tested at 0ppm. Tested from my favorite LFS 1 hr round trip and it tested and 3ppm and then from my LFS right down the road and it was 44ppm

JTP424

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd look into an RODI system for yourself if the local one is that bad....probably break even cost with driving an hour for the good stuff.

Rusty_L_Shackleford

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd look into an RODI system for yourself if the local one is that bad....probably break even cost with driving an hour for the good stuff.
I wouldn't have a reef tank without owning an RODI. I got one on black Friday from BRS last year. It wayyy too much hassle to always have to go buy water. And guaranteed, if you have an emergency and need water it's gonna be when the lfs is closed. Plus you never really know when their dieters were changed, etc. Plus hauling buckets just plain sucks...I live in a 3rd floor condo with no elevator. There was 0 chance I was hauling them up the stairs. I mean a couple hundred bucks for a good system pales in comparison to what most of us spend on our tanks. Worth every penny.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 31 16.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 114 58.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.2%
Back