High temperature water

Raygamer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello! I want to start a reef tank. I used to have one but u used a chilller to cool the temperature down to 74 but i move and rehomed all my fish. And i want to start again but i really want to avoid having to buy a chiller.

Question is do you guys think there's any easy fish and corals out there i could keep in a water that are are about 83 - 86 Fahrenheit?

Im planning to do a 20 gallon tank.

OP
OP
R

Raygamer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its not like i want to
I was just asking if there's any way i could avoid having to buy a chiller. The temperature are just high here. I live in indonesia. But ig I'd need to buy a chiller again
Y would you want to keep the temp so high?

OP
OP
R

Raygamer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ik a few people who use a bag of ice and change it everyday but it seems like that'll be too muhc of a temperature swing it'll probably stress em more. So ig chiller is the only way. I'll try a fan and see how low it'll get with a fan

SMSREEF

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is a good article. I think if you limit yourself to fish from zones that can handle that temperature you will be fine. It will just take some research to make sure you have fish that can handle it.

Also like others said, hotter water holds less oxygen... take for instance all the salmon that died going up the streams this year in Alaska... It was because the warmer water did not have enough oxygen for them..,

If it were me, I would run tank at higher temp without a chiller and do my research picking fish and inverts that can handle it. And run a skimmer to make sure tank is really oxygenated...

rkpetersen

walked the sand with the crustaceans
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Instead of a chiller you can use fans blowing air across the water surface, either the display, the sump, or both.
If you have an Apex or other controller, you can have the fans come on and off based on water temperature.
Combine the fans with an ATO to keep water level and salinity stable.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 136 87.7%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back