Hikari ICH-X = dead corals!!

Bradsreeeftank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for the correction, very informative post based on 1st hand experience. :becky:

Clearly stated on the back:

While Aquarium Solutions Ich-X SW has been tested on a wide variety of invertebrates, it must be noted that treating diseased fishes must always be performed in a separate quarantine/treatment (Q/T) tank. In many instances where a treatable disease has occurred in an aquarium with mixed animals types (e.g. a marine "reef" tank) and where removal of the diseased fishes is not possible, it will often be best to revert to a method of control utilizing frequent and large water treatments and cleaning and replacement of filter media (where applicable). This control method will require patience and a suitable supply of prepared, properly conditioned, saltwater.

In other words it would be prudent to treat in a treatment tank. Unfortunately these things happen, sometimes it's just best to consider it a learning experience.
Thats one expensive learning experience... I agree with mike this new tank im setting up will get NO chemicals into it because everytime i added calc, added mag, added chemi clean it always ended in dead coral and i mean every time, every time i did those in my list, a coral would die.

Last edited by a moderator:

mike007

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to clarify we are talking about meds not elements needed to maintain parameters that are needed for coral growth. Yes we have to maintain calcium. alkalinity, magnesium,trace elements. What I am saying is introducing meds to a reef tank can cause problems.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 45 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 17 6.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 157 57.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.0%
Back