Hippo tang and clown has ich

TbSaysNo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is this a okey approach to this?…

I asked a week ago what product to buy, and you suggested trimarin.
I now have it, but the problem is, I also have a yellow goby and it is impossible to catch, not to say that is is kinda sad that is has to be in a small glass cage for 2 months until ich is eradicated. So now my questions is. What a better approach be only treating the clown and hippo for a week or two, and then returning them to the tank. Obviously this does remove ich entirely, but is sounds more plausible. The clown and goby looks healthy, while the tang looks a little bit less healthy with the ich.

Dryan

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The issue with this approach is once the treated clown and hippo are back in the tank they will get ich again and you'll be right back where you are now. Ich isn't a disease where the fish gain immunity to it after having it, it's a parasite.

It's really best to treat all the fish, run the infected tank fallow, and start with a fully healthy environment. Hope that helps.

Rick's Reviews

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes please ask all questions necessary, I think trouble in regards to this is it's a parasite that is easily transferred.
3 fish, altough 2 are clean then 3rd carrying, you take two out to medicate, then introduce, 3rd will pass it on to two... it will always remain if you keep this method.
You need to treat all at same time

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 65 39.6%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 21.3%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 58 35.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.7%
Back