Hippo Tang Swollen fin.

Lionfish 37

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So today I noticed my Hippo Tang has what appears to be a swollen fin (side fin). This Tang has been pretty healthy. I recently also added a One Spot Foxface. The Tang has been picking on the Foxface. I'm not sure if the Tang somehow has something, or if the Fox spined his fin. I separated the Tang from the rest of the fish just incase. He is still using the fin but not as much as the other and it's still eating. I didn't notice anything else out of the ordinary.

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So today I noticed my Hippo Tang has what appears to be a swollen fin (side fin). This Tang has been pretty healthy. I recently also added a One Spot Foxface. The Tang has been picking on the Foxface. I'm not sure if the Tang somehow has something, or if the Fox spined his fin. I separated the Tang from the rest of the fish just incase. He is still using the fin but not as much as the other and it's still eating. I didn't notice anything else out of the ordinary.

Could be an injury, but really, without a clear photo and/or video, We can't really say.

Jay

OP
OP
Lionfish 37

Lionfish 37

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could be an injury, but really, without a clear photo and/or video, We can't really say.

Jay
I would love too take a picture, but you know as well as I do, that it's hard to get a good picture of a moving target!

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I would love too take a picture, but you know as well as I do, that it's hard to get a good picture of a moving target!
Then send a video of at least 30 seconds under white light intensity

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, pictures can be tough. Videos are easier. But look at it from our perspective, we have no other diagnostics than something is wrong with its fin….not much to work with.
Jay

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 39 15.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 15 6.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 144 58.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 18 7.3%
Back