History of GHL article

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Wingizzmo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very good read love all their products I have had 0 problems and super stable can't wait to see whats next .

mshur

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great read and superior product . Been using Profilux since they came out on US market !

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great article!! Nice to read the history, and the hints on the Calcium tester..

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great article

I use GHL to control and supervise an indoor catfish fish farm. I have set up the controlling and measurement system at the Maritime museum in Gothenburg and put up a system in order to manage of filling, processing and emptying a reactor for testing different way of take care of nutrient from human urine and from the reject water of biogas reactors. Why use GHL ProfiLux for this - because it is standard equipment and you do not need to put any effort on developing new things.

Ii forget to say - I have an own system too :) An example of how adaptive the system is a task I had the other day. I want to dose algae and green stuff to my corals during night time and more than 8 times a day. Every hour between 22:00 and 10:00 I want to dose around 10 ml of my solution. I use doser 2.1. How to solve this - a doser is restricted to only 8 dosing events a day in manual mode and in automatic mode - you can´t exclude the time between 10:00 and 22:00. I can use two pumps an get 16 possible events (I have done that for dosing the alk of Triton core 7 during night time) but this time I did not want to go that path. I want to program my ProfiLux to dose every hour between 22 - 10 (total 13 doses) and to have the opportunity to change both time, frequency and amount. Yes I want my stirrer to work too - start 60 seconds before dosing. After some thinking - I solve the problem but because of I want other to think - do you have any solutions? Maybe I can find and easier way?

By the way I dose 0.1 ml (around) DOC every hour 24/7. Any ideas of that too? I test with setting my dose in auto mode and 2.4 ml - 24 times a day - but did not have it to work. Did another solution that will get me around 0.06 ml 24 time a in a 24 hour period - it works for the moment. At the moment I use a P3,1T.

Sincerely Lasse

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 150 88.8%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.3%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back