Hitch Hiker Brittle Star

  • Thread starter Thread starter Mdiaz2
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Mdiaz2

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 29, 2013
Messages
35
Reaction score
0
Location
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just bought a zoa frag a couple hours ago and on it there was a brittle star which i happened to see. He is fairly small and i wanted to know if it would be a good idea to keep it. I have heard that they are known to eat other inverts and fish and are known to grow quickly. I have also heard that they are great scavengers but ofcourse this all depends on the species. Please help i'm not sure what to do. I have a 55gallon tank with live coral and fish: possum wrasse, pajama card, bicolor blenny, and orange back wrasse.
image.jpg
 
Also another weird thing is that one arm is different than the others
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 12 42.9%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 2 7.1%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new