Hitch hiker crab ID

  • Thread starter Thread starter Brad89
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Brad89

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 25, 2026
Messages
6
Reaction score
1
Location
Sydney
What state or country do you live in
Australia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys,
Came across this guy obviously coming in on live rock purchased at my local.
Just wondering what it is and if I should remove?
I'm located in Australia.
Cheers

20260201_153922.jpg 20260201_153914.jpg
 
I have these in my tank, their claws are similarily shaped to Emerald Crabs but I get them as hitchhikers from Indo live rock. I've never removed them and only ever seen them eat algae.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 29.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 29.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 5 18.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new