Hitch hiker ID from liverock

  • Thread starter Thread starter maff2026
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

maff2026

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 17, 2026
Messages
102
Reaction score
43
Location
England
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This came from liverock, any ideas?
hitch.jpg
 
Asterina/Aquilonastra
 
Where there's one there will probably be more. I won't be introducing corals till after the five fish are stocked which will be at least August/September so I'll let them play for now until I can ID them by colour.
If they go for corals I'll remove them and take them back to the LFS, I don't kill anything.
 
Yes, where there's one there's more 🙃

I believe the majority are harmless and beneficial to your tank, though they can populate quickly, and may occasionally need thinning. Harlequin shrimp are obligate sea star predators and can keep the Asterina stars in check, would be anther option.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new