Hitch hiker ID

immo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Need help figuring out what this is. I have read the hitch hiker ID post, and could not find anything there. I'm positive it is not a coral, it acts like an anemone, but does not appear to be a ball, or glass.
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_7cc.jpg
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_7cb.jpg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Need help figuring out what this is. I have read the hitch hiker ID post, and could not find anything there. I'm positive it is not a coral, it acts like an anemone, but does not appear to be a ball, or glass.
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_7cc.jpg
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_7cb.jpg
This may be tube sponge

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
i don't think it's a tube sponge, the body looks smooth like an anemone. granted i could be wrong
Will have to look on regular screen opposed to my phone

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
i don't think it's a tube sponge, the body looks smooth like an anemone. granted i could be wrong
Duh- now that I am on a large screen- I see it now. . . was looking above and on my phone the rock if you look at it almosts looks like an algae blenny. . .LOL
I believe this is a corallimorph also. It doesnt seem to have an mouth that anemones have

Lokk at the rock and then this blenny:

1685237741343.png

OP
OP
immo

immo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have some jeweler's loupes, I will try and get a close up picture of it tomorrow, and some different angles. I'm pretty confident in it being a nem, based on how fast it moves (opens back up after I aggravate it). It's really a strange looking creature, and I have looked and searched. (It's in my wife's deskmate). She posted on some facebook groups, and gotten replies as far fetched as a bristle worm. Nonetheless, I will try to get better pictures tomorrow. Any suggestions as how to handle it? Straight up removal? Cut the rock and remove? Leave it be? Don't want to cause any issues down the road

JoJosReef

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have some jeweler's loupes, I will try and get a close up picture of it tomorrow, and some different angles. I'm pretty confident in it being a nem, based on how fast it moves (opens back up after I aggravate it). It's really a strange looking creature, and I have looked and searched. (It's in my wife's deskmate). She posted on some facebook groups, and gotten replies as far fetched as a bristle worm. Nonetheless, I will try to get better pictures tomorrow. Any suggestions as how to handle it? Straight up removal? Cut the rock and remove? Leave it be? Don't want to cause any issues down the road
I've had similar if we're looking at the same things. At the time I didn't wait for a positive ID. Took F-aiptasia and smothered it.

OP
OP
immo

immo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ended up that I couldn't get any better pictures because it had walked up in the coral. So, I forcefully removed it, and it is now gone. Still curious to know what it was, I just can't provide any better pictures.

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Duh- now that I am on a large screen- I see it now. . . was looking above and on my phone the rock if you look at it almosts looks like an algae blenny. . .LOL
I believe this is a corallimorph also. It doesnt seem to have an mouth that anemones have

Lokk at the rock and then this blenny:

1685237741343.png
And ... Drink!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 24 14.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 94 57.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 6.7%
Back