Hitchhiker help!

  • Thread starter Thread starter BassSoLow
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

BassSoLow

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 6, 2014
Messages
59
Reaction score
15
Location
Connecticut
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all! This is my first post here, and I am hoping you all might be able to help out a newbie!

I have a 25 gallon nano reef...I just added a couple coral about three weeks back and when I did my water change today, I found a small slug looking creature and a small sack that looks like it may contain eggs? I have attached photos.

I just want to know if I need to have there new inhabitants evicted or if they are safe.

I currently have 2 clownish, 1 starry Benny, a cleaner shrimp, a conch, and a hermit crab.

Thanks!
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1419810287.183873.jpg
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1419810309.641134.jpg
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1419810321.213508.jpg
 
Okay cool. I have removed it from the tank. I figure it wasn't worth the chance. I also removed the eggs. I read that is Nudi's lay eggs they can take over.
 
Found another crop of eggs attached to a coral. I was able to remove it. Hopefully there are no more!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 7.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 7.1%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new