OP
sixty_reefer

sixty_reefer

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got a few of those around the tank, this one is single mouth at the moment and hard body. It’s more of a LPS kinda thing.

OP
OP
sixty_reefer

sixty_reefer

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve just got a reply from a well known importer and they’re best guess is a mushroom or an anemone, none of the above really fits this coral so donno am stuck

OP
OP
sixty_reefer

sixty_reefer

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Something new, it opened its mouth at light out after dosing some Bacteria, maybe a coincidence.

does it look like a chalice mouth? Am not familiar with them.

331E1A07-E97B-483A-84E6-0773FFC9A290.jpeg 5AE9A96E-3234-4E29-A08B-0A72980F9E81.jpeg

OP
OP
sixty_reefer

sixty_reefer

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm thinking cynarina or an acanthophyllia based on those latter pictures - seems like either would have been from a planula though.

planula of some sort for sure mate, the mouth looks freaky, unfortunatelyI don’t have my macro shot stuff but it looked that the coral was enjoying a bacteria meal, first time in a few weeks that I’ve seen that. It looked like there was a second mouth and some weird tentacles on the side of the tissue.

OP
OP
sixty_reefer

sixty_reefer

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Best shot I can get from the mouth, it appears to have two sets of different tentacles. Donno i’ll let you decide

2A7A90FB-F107-4054-9AD6-1974CB5A288E.jpeg

dvanrij

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve got it... it’s definitely a sea creature.

Cynarnia would be my best guess. good luck.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Better pics !!
Red Sheath Tunicate and rarely seen in reef aquaria.

OP
OP
sixty_reefer

sixty_reefer

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Better pics !!
Red Sheath Tunicate and rarely seen in reef aquaria.
Ive missed the notification, I don’t believe it to be a tunicates, it has a mouth and tentacles, very similar with a pseudocorynactis, but with a calcium body and the tentacles never out. I believe it’s also photosynthetic coral.

SHNICI

Well-Known Member and Coral Cabin owner
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll watch your posting about it, and I'll be not surprised if you or someone play with, genetically macing new SP ;)
Do it ever open more, or that's all what you got on the shots? Look cool

OP
OP
sixty_reefer

sixty_reefer

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll watch your posting about it, and I'll be not surprised if you or someone play with, genetically macing new SP ;)
Do it ever open more, or that's all what you got on the shots? Look cool
No thats all it opens, I do stay up late at night most days looking at what happens during lights out and this is all she does. I can see the tentacles inside her mouth but they never out. I’ve touch it before and I could feel the hard skeleton Under the skin and under blue lights part of the tissue is iridescent red. It refuses feeding to

SHNICI

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No thats all it opens, I do stay up late at night most days looking at what happens during lights out and this is all she does. I can see the tentacles inside her mouth but they never out. I’ve touch it before and I could feel the hard skeleton Under the skin and under blue lights part of the tissue is iridescent red. It refuses feeding to
I'm curious, do you ever left it without flow under the light and w/o light to see is it opening more?
If you're not, can I ask to try it (leave it w/i flow for 5-10 minutes under stronger light and on dark separate) to check.
I'm asking, because I do love creatures which aren't that popular ;Happy

OP
OP
sixty_reefer

sixty_reefer

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm curious, do you ever left it without flow under the light and w/o light to see is it opening more?
If you're not, can I ask to try it (leave it w/i flow for 5-10 minutes under stronger light and on dark separate) to check.
I'm asking, because I do love creatures which aren't that popular ;Happy
I’m really curious too, he’s in a really dark environment at the moment, will try and move it to one of the trays with more light and less flow to see what happens

SHNICI

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m really curious too, he’s in a really dark environment at the moment, will try and move it to one of the trays with more light and less flow to see what happens
Thank you, I'm excited to see what will happen, and probably you can find finally what exactly is, because you know, can be something which don't tolerate the flow or need higher, or the light ETC. to can show you/us his beauty.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.5%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 72 34.4%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 69 33.0%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back