Hitchhiker LPS ID

  • Thread starter Thread starter mrcoffee2
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

mrcoffee2

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 6, 2013
Messages
1,097
Reaction score
37
Location
Vermont
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bought a LR that had this on it yesterday. I pulled it off and glued it down (green ball w/ polyps). Any idea what it is? It seems like it was stressed before because half of it looks dead. The green part looks happy in my tank just looking for an Id / care maint
 

Attachments

  • 20141019_113715.jpg
    20141019_113715.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 203
  • 20141019_113832.jpg
    20141019_113832.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 192
Last edited:
Here is a better pic where it was encrusting on the rock I pulled it off from. Perhaps it will help with the id.

20141019_124356.jpg
 
Maybe it is a goni. I always thought goni's extended more... I have never had one personally... Hopefully it extends more like the pictures of goni's. I think it was really stressed
 
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 7 46.7%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 6.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 6.7%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 6.7%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new