Hitchhiker on turbo snail

  • Thread starter Thread starter SFREEF3R
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

SFREEF3R

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 17, 2020
Messages
255
Reaction score
207
Location
San Francisco
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found these small hitchhikers on a couple of a recent batch of snails. I thought for a moment they were part of the shell but with a metal tool I was able to crush one and reveal a fleshy interior. I was worried it was some sort of a vermetid but under closer inspection the conical shell leads me to believe maybe they are limpets of some kind - though I was surprised to see that they have conformed to the shape of the shell. Anyone else seen these?
1771882248198.png
1771882295990.png
1771882316718.png
1771882338577.png
 
Slipper limpets?
I'm fairly certain the white one is a Slipper. The smaller one looks like a normal limpet but could also be a Slipper.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 44.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new